There’s a common saying that goes, “You’re only as old as you feel.” According to this source, here are some ways to be as young as you choose:
- Challenge Yourself: try something new, learn a new skill. It’s never too late to set a new goal or pursue a new dream.
- Get Moving! Physical activity is linked to memory formation and retention. Better yet, lifting weights protects nerve cells and fosters brain growth.
- Namaste: De-stress and protect yourself from harmful stress hormones.
- Keep Things Spicy: Black pepper, cinnamon, oregano, basil, parsley, ginger, or vanilla. Add these spices and herbs to your meals and boost brainpower.
- Eat like an Egyptian: Indulging in the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet can fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Say “No” to Tobacco: And say “Yes” to happy, healthy living.
- Make Friends!: Making connections and building relationships creates mental and emotional stimulation.