What is lifelong learning and why is it important?
Lifelong learning is taking action to consistently engage and challenge your brain as well as your body. It’s never too late to learn something new, in fact, I’d bet that most people would agree that they learn something new every day. One of the key factors in living a long, fulfilling life is the commitment to continually pursue knowledge and expand the horizon.
Here are a few examples from seniorliving.com of ways that lifelong learning is rewarding for 50+ adults:
- Keeps your mind sharp
- Improves memory
- Increases self-confidence
- Offers an inexpensive way to try something new
- Saves money as you learn to “do it yourself”
- Gives you a feeling of accomplishment
- Helps you meet people who share your interests
- Builds on skills you already have
- Offers an opportunity to learn a new skill or trade and increase your income
- Gives you a new interest that you can share with family and friends