It is normal for changes in the brain to occur in late adulthood, however there comes a point when those changes may begin to affect daily life. Alzheimer’s is defined as a brain disease brought on by a gradual decline in memory ability, cognitive functioning and reasoning skills. According to alz.org, If you have a senior adult in your life, it’s important to keep watch over these signs as potential onset of Alzheimer’s:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgement
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality
If you have concerns, please check with your doctor.
Tealridge Retirement Community offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact us here for more information and to schedule a tour.