Everyone needs avenues they can release their stress! Here are some easy ways to make your days brighter and your moments happier:
- Keep a ‘Fun Folder.’ This could be of cartoons, pictures, articles that make you laugh. Save them for a rainy day!
- Write down things you enjoy and want to do and try to do one of them each day.
- Do a random act of kindness each day. Serving and treating others even in the smallest ways will change your attitude like you’d never believe!
- Do some breathing and stretching every few hours. Big or small moves, your joints will appreciate you!
- Exercise 3 days a week. Walk, stroll, go to an exercise class. It doesn’t have to be strenuous but being outside and moving has been proven to help your productivity and positive mindset.
- Laugh at yourself. We are all imperfect humans and laughter is one of the best ways to relieve built-up stress and shift your perspective.
- Buy yourself a nature or inspirational calendar. Having a refreshing picture and encouraging words to look at each day is a great way to start off each morning!
- Hold the door or elevator for someone and smile at each person you pass when doing errands. You’ll be surprised at how many people’s days you can make!
- Do the unexpected thing and be spontaneous! Go do something you’ve always wanted to do, even if it’s small. The thrill you’ll get will encourage you to not take life so seriously which leads to our last tip…
- Don’t take life or work so seriously. Professionalism doesn’t always have to equal solemnity. We love living by this phrase: “Take your work seriously and yourself lightly.”
Our residents and staff take part in daily activities and exercise classes that help lower stress levels both physically and mentally. That’s a huge part of what makes our Tealridge Assisted Living and Memory Care a great fit for those interested in total wellness. Contact us here if you’d like a tour or more information.