Nourish your body for the glow that comes from within! According to healthline.com, here are ten foods that support healthy aging:
- Watercress: a nutrient-dense, hydrating, leafy green.
- Red Bell Pepper: these contain powerful antioxidants called carotenoids.
- Papaya: contains an enzyme that is one of nature’s best anti-inflammatories.
- Blueberries: help protect skin from damage by sun, stress and pollution.
- Broccoli: lots of Vitamin C helps produce collagen.
- Spinach: super hydrating and packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins.
- Nuts: strengthen skin cell membranes and protect against sun damage.
- Avocado: high in inflammation-fighting fatty acids.
- Sweet Potatoes: protects your skin from harmful free radicals.
- Pomegranate seeds: these have been used for centuries as a healing, medicinal fruit!
By nourishing ourselves with these anti-aging foods, we can gain fuel to look and feel our best!
Tealridge Retirement Community in Edmond, Oklahoma offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact us here to learn more information and to schedule a tour.